Friday, November 6, 2009

Start of a New Quilt

This evening after finishing the hand quilting, I thought I needed some mindless piecing. The 4-patches in the DWR in theory are simple enough, but trust me, it's not so simple. Ladder to the Stars just needs borders, but I'm going to miter the corners, which means I need to think. There's nothing on my extensive list of quilts in progress which I would consider mindless enough for this evening - not that I looked until I sat down to write this post. The call of new fabric was too much.

I went to my crate of PIGs and pulled out Autumn Splendor. Twelve FQs plus border fabric tied nicely with a gold ribbon. I'm using the FQ friendly pattern Crazy Eights by Bits 'n Pieces. I think this is 3rd quilt/top I've made, but the others have been with just the 8 FQs.



Instead of mindless piecing, I cut the new quilt out. Surprisingly, given that I was looking for something mindless, I didn't make any cutting errors. I can also report the scraps are all appropriately cut up and in their boxes.



I'll be ready now for when I do need to sit down at the sewing machine for some mindless piecing.

No comments:

Post a Comment