Sunday, December 27, 2009

Raising Cane - A Dorothy Young Mystery Quilt

This morning I added the borders to Raising Cane.

Originally, I had a beautiful butterfly print for the border, but it just wasn't working when I finished the center of the quilt. Then I remembered a stripe fabric I bought that didn't work for it's intended purpose. It was perfect. The top now sings.

While I was debating the border, I finished up Part 2 of Carolina Christmas.


  1. AHHHHH, you made me look! I like it though so I'll get to sewing as soon as Christmas is over at my house later this week.

  2. Congrats on getting a top finished and Clue 2 of C Ch. I think you made the right decision to get more of the bright white for the background. Looking good so far :)
    Helen in the UK
    (fellow Quiltville Chat member)