Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthday Quilt Top

This afternoon I finished sewing the Birthday Blocks and Stars together. I really need to settle on a name for this quilt so I know what I'm talking about.

I used my Flip-n-Set ruler to make the side triangles and they came out so much better than if I cut a large square and cut it diagonally twice. The packaging on the back said to cut a square the same size as the finished block then cut it in half diagonally. As a result it's about an inch too large - but easy enough to fix.

Originally, there was a border planned for this quilt -- not that I had settled on a border. But I think I'm going with my DH's idea of just binding it. It measures approximately 68 x 86.

1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous! I've ben wanting to make one in this colour combination for the longest time.