Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mid-August Update


Here it is mid-August and time for an update on my August goals.

  • At least 2 sets of blocks for the SBS Brown/Blue Swap Done 8/9
  • Keep up with the SBS BOW - 3 blocks done, 2 more to be announced
  • Finish star blocks to go with birthday swap blocks Done 8/7
  • Work on Josh's quilt - spent 1 night hand quilting
  • Make up mind about applique on table runner - still deciding
  • Work on DWR - top needs to be done by mid-October - got my templates today -- Thanks Mark!
  • Make rest of Birthday Swap Blocks (4 more needed) Done 8/12
  • Quilt a baby quilt to get a finish! Replaced with new goal
  • Keep scraps cut up - so far so good

    But what's that picture of Kansas Troubles fabric doing at the top of this post? Well, this is how my goals change. Although the last block for the Kansas Spirit BOM at Heritage Fine Fabrics won't be picked up until October, the fabric for the finishing kits need to be ordered now. And in order to know how much fabric to order, I've got to write up the instructions. I've got the easy part (for me) of the instructions written (setting blocks and triangles) so I now I get to test it. That's bounced the baby quilt off my list. Oh and did I mention, that once I got the star blocks done, I decided I had to sew them together into a top?

    So for the remainder of the month:

  • Keep up with the SBS BOW
  • Work on Josh's quilt
  • Make up mind about applique on table runner
  • Work on DWR
  • Finish at least center of birthday swap block quilt (will need to buy border fabric)
  • Finish Kansas Spirit Top and pattern instructions
  • Keep scraps cut up.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment