Saturday, January 31, 2009

Frogging and Other Wanderings

Argh! - I've just sewn 14 pairs of light and dark strips together with my needle moved the wrong way.

Earlier this evening I decided that instead of 12 blocks for the Strip Twist quilt, I wanted to make 20 blocks. So, I dug my fabrics out again and cut more strips. About half way though the pile, I realized that my needle looked funny. Yep, I moved it over one notch, but forgot to mirror image the move so instead of a 'scant' quarter inch I've a 'plump' quarter inch. So, I've got frogging to do (rip it, rip it).

I'm also questioning one of my fabrics. It was not in my original selection because it tends to look light against dark fabrics and dark against the lights. But since I needed more strips, I declared it 'light', but I've almost sewn it to the light fabric twice. It's the button fabric in the pic.



Here in the photo it definately looks light, so I guess I'll keep it, but make certain it between two darks and not on the outside.

As for the wandering portion of this post, I went to a new to me quilt shop -- Fran's Fabrics in Bonner Springs, Kansas. A group of six of us went, and I almost made it out of the shop without any impulse buys, but I made another pass while my friends were getting their fabric cut and I found this brown fabric.



It is In My Own Backyard ... Autumn...by Becky Eme for Fabri-Quilt. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It reminds me of the 'perfect' brown fabric I used to have and used in the border of Which Way Is Up. I started with a FQ to make reindeer (which still haven't been done), the decided it was the perfect border, bought what I needed, and a girlfriend bought the rest of the bolt. She no longer has what was left, because it was the 'perfect brown' for something else I was doing.

Which Way Is Up?

Well, off to frog.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment