Sunday, January 25, 2009

Did Someone Say Appliqué?



I love the look of hand appliqué. I like to get things done fast (ok, so I'm going on 20 years with my DWR) so I can finish them (ignore the fact that I've counted 33 Projects in the works). Bottom line, these two things don't mix, so each time I've seen an appliqué project that I think will be neat to do I start chanting the following:

I don't do appliqué, I don't do appliqué, I don't do appliqué.


Ususally it works, occassionally, it results in me buying an appliqué book - you've got to have eye candy for inspiration, right?

Even my LQS owner will say "Pam, there's appliqué in that quilt" to remind me that I don't do appliqué.

I'm not certain what happened. I ended up in a hand appliqué class. A three week long class this past May. Nine different preparation methods - some I liked better than others.

Tonight (ok, this morning as it's after midnight) I finished the last of the appliqué.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment