Thursday, January 29, 2009

Strip Twist Progress



Last night I cut 2 1/2" strips from my black & white FQs. As it turns out, I have more light B&W than dark B&W fabrics. Then there are those great medium B&Ws that just won't work for this (at least in my opinion). I guestimated that I had enough lights cut, but would be short a few darks (may be 4 or 5 strips?)

Tonight I started sewing them in pairs. Yep, short 16 or 17(?!) dark strips -- . Since I already had cut 4 strips from each dark FQ, I dug into the MUSIC STASH. Just as I finished sewing the last of dark music strips, I turned around and hidden behind the box with my OTR, are the rest of the dark strips! Now I'm short light strips.

I could go back into the music stash, but there's not a whole lot of light B&W music there - at least not where I could get an 18" strip. So, into the CAT STASH.

A red letter day for sure -- breaking into two of my largest stashes of fabrics.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it can be so hard to cut into those "collections"! I too have a cat collection - real and fabric - and would be hard-pressed to actually use them (the fabric ones). Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete