Wednesday, September 2, 2009
What Cleaning Does
I did not set out to clean. However, I received a "ton" of fabric cast offs which needed to be put up. There is still more in the basement waiting to be washed.
When we redid my sewing studio/office, I made the decision that if it didn't fit on the two sets of shelves, I had to find another home for it -- whatever it is. A few weeks ago I looked through all of my quilting magazines and donated a 12" stack. You can't tell by looking my shelves, because I gathered up the magazines that were scattered through out the house.
The fabric is a bit tougher. But, since I've made significatant progress on my DWR, it moved out of the bin it's in and into one of my project bins. I also pulled out the extra fabric from a couple of other quilt tops recently finished and either put it away or dumped it on my table to be cut up into scraps. That's the pile on the right in the picture below.
The pile on the left if what I found when I cleared my cutting table off. I've midplaced my small EZ Angle Ruler. I misplaced the large EZ Angle Ruler at the begining of the year. I didn't even know I had one let alone two, plus the Companion Angle Ruler until I started working on Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush. Now I can't find either!
I guess I keep digging.