Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Nearly Finished Quilt

I started this quilt in November of 2004. Hung it up to take a look at it and decide on the borders and discovered I had the background fabric flipped over. It wasn't pretty in good light, so into the pile of UFOs it went. A while back I pulled it out and got the top completed. I finished quilting it last week and finally got the binding on it Thursday or Friday night.

I'm not big into embelishing, but I really like the red beads I've sewn to the borders between the holly leaves. (They are easier to see if you click on the photo). Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can find some gold and red crystals. Thus 'A Nearly Finished Quilt'.

No comments:

Post a Comment