Monday, March 30, 2009

48 Hours Later



Looking at the backyard, it's hard to believe that 48 hours ago, there was 5 1/2" of snow in the yard. It warmed up significantly Sunday. Now it's raining.

Several people suggested Shout Color Catcher and/or Synthrapol to get the bleeding out of my Poinsetta quilt. I know it didn't look bad in the photo, or in a dark resturant, but in the light of day, it was really bad. Sunday afternoon I bought some Synthrapol and washed the quilt according to directions. You should have seen me shuddering at the though of HOT watter on the quilt. The only way I was able to use HOT water was knowing that I had nothing to lose. It still wasn't good, so I ran it though the wash again. Now, in bright light I can see the spot (looks like the photo), but in dimmer light it's not too bad. I'm going to go ahead and put the crystals on.

No comments:

Post a Comment